Monday, January 27, 2014

I like Lena Dunham

Yesterday, while taking a break from working on the website, I turned to Netflix for entertainment.  The film Tiny Furniture, written/directed/produced by Lena Dunham, had been sitting in my queue for a while, since whenever Katie Scenic recommended it to me.  She is also the friend who turned me on to Girls, which I think is just great.  It's such a cleverly written show about characters who remind you of people you have known, and not in a good way.  I find myself relating to Dunham's character more frequently than I would like to.

So, the film felt like kind of a prequel to the show.  Different but similar characters who embody narcissism, incompetence, and poor decision making as only entitled post-college, early-twenty something can.  Its one of those quiet, slow paced indie dramas with no real plot.  Even though it had some dull moments, I really, really enjoyed it and find myself still thinking about it today and feeling impressed by Lena Dunahm.  If you like Girls, you'd probably enjoy this film too.

No comments:

Post a Comment